Demolition Procedure

You must give 6 weeks notice to the Council via Civicance if you intend to demolish a building or part of a building over 50 cubic metres.

or by contacting Civicance on 01270 375278 or 375256.

Civicance officers will reply with a number of conditions which the person concerned must comply with. These may include such items as weatherproofing adjoining buildings; disconnecting all services (i.e. gas, water, electricity), sealing or removing sewers and drains etc. Any person disputing the conditions may appeal to the Magistrates Court to have any or all removed.

Approval under Town and Country Planning Acts may also be required. View the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.

If necessary you can post your notice and fee to our offices at Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe, CW1 2BJ, with cheques made payable to 'Cheshire East Council'.