Building Regulations information for Building Professionals
We recognise that providing you, as an industry professional, the vital support and advice when you need it is essential in keeping the project on track.
That’s why we’re always on hand to discuss current or future projects delivering practical advice and support using our expertise from concept to completion.
Why use Local Authority Building Control
There are many key benefits of using the Local Authority Building Control; we provide you with trustworthy, ethical, and impartial advice to ensure your job complies with Building Regulations.
The service provided by Civicance is the only one offered on behalf of the Council, giving you extra piece of mind.
- The Local Authority Building Control holds extensive archived records that can assist you with future jobs, viewing relevant plans may save you time and money
- Our number one priority is the safety and comfort of residents in their home, so we’ll work with you to deliver that on site throughout the job
- We act in your best interest, protecting you the homeowner. Our number one priority is the safety and comfort of residents in their home
- We understand delays can be costly and frustrating, that’s why we deliver same day site inspections so you don’t have to worry
- Our qualified Surveyors bring with them extensive experience of the regulations and the local area so you’re in safe hands
- With the Local Authority Building Control the support doesn’t stop when the build does, we’re always on hand to provide assistance
- We’ll provide practical advice throughout that can help cut short and long term costs
- We’re driven by compliance and standards
- Free bespoke quotation service
- Free Pre-Application technical advice
- In house domestic structural engineer
- Established relationships with a number of organisations such as Planning, Highways, The Fire Authority and much more
Full plan checking service
At Civicance we offer a full plan checking service when you submit a building regulations Full Plans application. One of our experienced Building Control Surveyors will be allocated to check your plans and are always available if you have any questions.
If you would to discuss the Full Plans service in more detail please contact us on 01270 275256 or email us on email@example.com.
Whilst we have a set fee schedule for most types of building work, some of the larger or more complex projects may require a more bespoke quotation to ensure we get the best price for you.
You can make a quote request either via email or our Fee quote section of the website and we’ll get back to you with a formal quote within 3 working days, often the same day.
Inspection types and how to book a site inspection
Building work must be inspected throughout the various stages of the project to check that Building Regulations have been complied with. A completion certificate cannot be issued unless the work has been fully inspected to a satisfactory standard.
Whilst the building work is being undertaken, you can book a same day site inspections if you call us before 10am, also don’t forget to book in the final completion visit, we’ll work with you to achieve Building Regulations compliance through our inspections.
To book a Building Control inspection, call 01270 375256 prepared with the application reference number or the full property address. If you call before 10am Monday – Friday we can visit your property on the same day.
The relevant stages (where applicable) of Inspection are as follows:
Stages of inspections
|Site Inspection||Works to be assessed|
||Discussion of the proposed works
||Foundations are excavated to satisfactory
||DPC has been laid satisfactory
||Preparations for oversite concrete
|Laying of drains
||Drains laid before covering
|Testing of drains
||Testing of drains after covering
Domestic Structural Design service
Civicance can prepare structural calculation packages for domestic developments to accompany your building regulation applications.
Call us today on 01270 375256 to speak to our experienced Structural Engineer who can discuss your project with you.
- Consultation with our Structural Engineer included
- Full indemnity insurance
- Calculations prepared within 5 working days
- Quick and easy service
- All jobs are individually quoted and we guarantee to beat any 'like for like' written quotation